Typification of Ipomoea hederacea Jacq.
Abstract:Previous lectotypification of Ipomoea hederacea is shown to be ineffective. Here we discuss the situation and lectotypify the species with a specimen annotated by Jacquin. Ipomoea hederacea is not based on Convolvulus hederaceus L., since Jacquin was applying the name to a different taxon and therefore did not intend to publish a combination based on Convolvulus hederaceus.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: 1: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, 2021 N. Kinney Rd., Tucson, Arizona 85736, U.S.A.;, Email: email@example.com 2: Singapore Botanic Gardens, National Parks Board, Singapore 259569 3: Herbário SP, Instituto de Botânica, Av. Miguel Estéfano, 3687, 04301-012, São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Publication date: February 20, 2014
Impact Factor (2013): 3.05
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites