On the identities of Senecio lanatus and Senecio populifolius
Abstract:Original material of Senecio lanatus L. and Senecio populifolius L., two names that are not in current use, has been located. It is concluded that, in both cases, this material is identifiable as the South African species currently known as Senecio verbascifolius Burm. f., a name that postdates the two Linnaean names. Lectotypes for the three names are selected and it is concluded that nomenclatural stability would be best served by proposing the rejection of the two Linnaean names.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: 1: Department of Phanerogamic Botany, Swedish Museum of Natural History, P.O. Box 50007, 104 05 Stockholm, Sweden 2: Department of Life Sciences, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD, U.K.
Publication date: August 21, 2013
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites