Report of the Nomenclature Committee for Algae: 12
Abstract:The following three names are recommended for conservation: Achnanthes brevipes against A. adnata, A. baccillarioides, and A. dubia, and with a conserved type; Sphacelaria with a conserved type; and Dasya, nom. cons. against Rhodonema. As result of reference under Art. 53.5, it is recommended that the genus names Sykidion and Sycidium and all the higher taxa based on these names are not to be considered confusingly similar and thus cannot be treated as (para-)homonyms.
Document Type: Short Communication
Publication date: June 1, 2011
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites