Typification of the name Smilax lanceolata L.
Abstract:A mislabelled specimen in the Clifford herbarium (BM) is identified as the single extant original element on which Linnaeus based Smilax lanceolata. It is here designated as the lectotype of the name, corroborating its placement in the synonymy of S. laurifolia L.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Botanischer Garten & Botanisches Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Königin-Luise-Str. 6–8, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Publication date: February 1, 2010
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites