Metteniusaceae, an early-diverging family in the lamiid clade
Abstract:A phylogenetic analysis based on a combined dataset of three genes, nuclear 18S rDNA and plastid rbcL and atpB, indicates that the enigmatic Neotropical genus Metteniusa is a member of the lamiid (euasterid I) clade. The genus appears as an isolated taxon near, but perhaps not related exclusively to, Oncothecaceae, which supports its recognition as a separate family.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: 1: Instituto de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Apartado 7495, Bogotá, Colombia 2: Jodrell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3DS, U.K. 3: Ohio State University Herbarium, Dept. of Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology, 1315 Kinnear Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43212, U.S.A.
Publication date: August 1, 2007
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites