A linear sequence of Angiosperm Phylogeny Group II families
Abstract:This paper discusses the need for an up-to-date linear sequence of angiosperm families based on the APG system. The methods used to generate the sequence are clearly laid out, and the sequence is provided in a simple numbered list of 479 families. The need for a consensus classification of families is also discussed.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: 1: Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, 20a Inverleith Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5LR, U.K. 2: Missouri Botanical Garden, PO Box 299, St Louis, Missouri 63166-0299, U.S.A.; Department of Biology, University of Missouri at St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri 63121, U.S.A. 3: Jodrell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3DS, U.K.
Publication date: February 1, 2007
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites