The identity and typification of Guarea hoffmanniana C. DC. (Meliaceae)
Abstract:Morphological evaluation of a previously overlooked isotype, together with an improved comprehension of its Costa Rican type locality, permit the definitive application of the long-misunderstood name Guarea hoffmanniana C. DC. to the species known most recently as Guarea macropetala T. D. Penn. The former name is lectotypified on the newly found isotype, and the latter name is formally relegated to taxonomic synonymy. All collections examined for this study are cited.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Missouri Botanical Garden, P.O. Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63166, U.S.A.
Publication date: November 1, 2006
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites