Validation and neotypification of Paeonia rockii subsp. linyanshanii (Paeoniaceae)
Abstract:"Paeonia rockii subsp. linyanshanii T. Hong & G. L. Osti" was not validly published in 1994 because it was assigned to "Paeonia rockii (S. G. Haw & L. A. Lauener) T. Hong & J. J. Li", which was not then a validly published name. Although the species name was validated in 1998 as Paeonia rockii (S. G. Haw & L. A. Lauener) T. Hong & J. J. Li ex D. Y. Hong, P. rockii subsp. linyanshanii has still not been validly published, although P. suffruticosa var. linyanshanii J. J. Halda was validly published in 1997. P. rockii subsp. linyanshanii is validated here, based on Handa's varietal name, and, because the holotype was not preserved, a neo-type is designated.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: August 1, 2005
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites