Gamochaeta serpyllifolia Wedd. (Compositae: Gnaphalieae), the correct name for Gamochaeta munnozii Cabrera
Abstract:Gamochaeta munnozii Cabrera was proposed as a new name for South American Gnaphalium serpyllifolium Remy (1849), non Bergius (1767). Weddell (1855), however, had proposed Gamochaeta serpyllifolia and included Gnaphalium serpyllifolium Remy in synonymy. Thus, Gamochaeta serpyllifolia is the correct name for this taxon. A lectotype is chosen for Gnaphalium serpyllifolium Remy.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Missouri Botanical Garden, P.O. Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63166, U.S.A.
Publication date: August 1, 2005
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites