Dr. Hsen-Hsu Hu (1894–1968) — a founder of modern plant taxonomy in China
Abstract:Hsen-Hsu Hu (1894–1968), an influential Chinese scientist, was the founder of modern plant taxonomy in China. His career and later status have never been fully reported outside China, even though he passed away more than thirty-seven years ago. This memorial paper describes his life, his major botanical contributions, and his turbulent final years.
Document Type: Miscellaneous
Affiliations: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1000 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11225, U.S.A.
Publication date: May 1, 2005
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites