The type database at Göttingen (GOET) — a virtual herbarium online
Abstract:The type collection database of the herbarium of the University of Göttingen (GOET), containing about 8000 type specimens of vascular plants and bryophytes, is now accessible online at http://www.gwdg.de/~sysbot/Typen/default.htm. The website provides data and interactive photographs (habit, detail, and label) of each type specimen. The type database was transferred from Microsoft Access to Oracle and deployed on the web using the Oracle Designer. Two web applications were developed: one only for data queries, the other with an additional option for data editing (entry, update). Data editing by authorised persons is possible from any computer with internet access.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 1, 2005
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites