Taxonomic realignment of the fossil polypodiaceous rhizome Thayeriorhizomoxylon chandrae ("chandraii") Patil and Datar from the Deccan Intertrappean beds of India
Abstract:Re-examination of the type material and micropreparations of "Thayeriorhizomoxylon chandrae Patil & Datar" (published as "T. chandraii"; Late Cretaceous, Maastrichtian) has revealed that the so-called branched rhizome is a petiolar base of the "Acrostichum type". The overall morpho-anatomy of the petiole plus root morphology are similar to that of Acrostichum intertrappeum. In light of above, T. chandrae is being realigned to A. intertrappeum Bonde & Kumaran.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 1, 2005
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites