Lectotypification of the names of two species of Fumana (Cistaceae)
Abstract:The names Cistus ericoides Cav. and C. laevis Cav. are typified. These names apply to two species, currently classified within the genus Fumana (Dunal) Spach, but the names have been frequently misapplied and both of them pose typification problems. The type specimen of the first has not been found. Thus an illustration is chosen as type and an epitype designated. The original material of C. laevis comprises a mixture of two different species. One element is selected to clarify the application of this binomial.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Jardí Botànic de la Universitat de València, C/ Quart 80, E-46008, València, Spain.
Publication date: November 1, 2004
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites