Paravojnovskya, a new substitute name for Gaussia (Vojnovskyales) based on fossil female fructifications
Abstract:A new generic name Paravojnovskya Doweld is established for Carboniferous/Permian umbellate strobili of Angaraland pteridospermous plants replacing the illegitimate Gaussia M. F. Neuburg, 1934, which is a later homonym of Gaussia H. A. Wendland, 1865, used for recent palms. Three new combinations are made to transfer all described species of Gaussia to Paravojnovskya: P. cristata (M. F. Neuburg) Doweld, P. scutellata (M. F. Neuburg) Doweld and P. imbricata (Naugolnykh) Doweld.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: National Institute of Carpology (Gaertnerian Institution), P.O. Box 72, RUS-119517, Moscow, Russian Federation.
Publication date: May 1, 2004
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites