Typification of Linnaean plant names in Cyperaceae
Authors: Cafferty, Steve; Jarvis, Charles E.
Source: Taxon, Volume 53, Number 1, 1 February 2004 , pp. 177-181(5)
Publisher: International Association for Plant Taxonomy
Abstract:Lectotypes, neotypes and epitypes are designated by seven specialists for 35 previously untypified Linnaean plant names (with one epitype being designated for a previously typified name) belonging to the family Cyperaceae. These newly proposed types support the current usage of the names concerned. Earlier but ineffective or supersedable type statements are discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Botany, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, U.K.
Publication date: 1 February 2004
Impact Factor (2012): 2.78
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites