Rhizocaulites, a new name for Rhizocaulon R. C. Mehrotra (2000), non Rhizocaulon Saporta (1861)
Abstract:Rhizocaulon R. C. Mehrotra (fossil ?Araceae) is a later homonym of Rhizocaulon Saporta (fossil ?Poaceae) published in 1861 and is, therefore, illegitimate. A new generic name Rhizocaulites is proposed here as a replacement.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany, 53 University Road, Lucknow 226007, India.
Publication date: November 1, 2003
Impact Factor (2013): 3.05
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites