Boraginaceae cymes are exclusively scorpioid and not helicoid
Abstract:Boraginaceae have erroneously been associated with helicoid cymes, when upon closer inspection they exclusively possess scorpioid cymes (cincinni). A discussion of the inflorescence structure in Boraginaceae is presented with the help of an overview of monochasial branching systems and a three-dimensional representation thereof. Reasons for the incorrect description of Boraginaceae inflorescences are also provided.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: November 1, 2003
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites