Lectotypification of Dolichostegia Schlechter (Asclepiadoideae, Apocynaceae) and a new combination, Dischidia boholensis
Abstract:Dolichostegia Schlechter, the name of a monotypic genus endemic to the Philippines, is lectotypified and the lectotype described and illustrated. Synonymy of Dolichostegia with Dischidia is accepted and a new combination, Dischidia boholensis (Schlechter) Livshultz, is made. The most likely type locality for D. boholensis, and for other R. C. McGregor specimens from Bohol, is limestone hill forest near Guindulman, in the south-eastern corner of the island.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Plant Biology, L. H. Bailey Hortorium, 228 Plant Science Building, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 14853, U.S.A.
Publication date: August 1, 2003
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites