Taxonomic and nomenclatural notes on Festuca (Poaceae): the Festuca vizzavonae and "F. cyrnea" problem
Abstract:Morphological and karyological features show that Festuca vizzavonae and F. rubra var. cyrnea St. Yves & Litard. are taxonomic synonyms and that F. vizzavonae would be the correct name for this taxon at the rank of species. As this name has, however, been generally considered synonymous with F. alpina subsp. briquetii (/F. alfrediana), this would result in a confusing, and therefore disadvantageous, nomenclatural change. A proposal to reject F. vizzavonae is, therefore, being made.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale, Università degli Studi di Firenze, via G. La Pira, 4, I-50121 Firenze, Italy.
Publication date: August 1, 2003
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites