A reassessment of the taxonomy and nomenclature of Liatris borealis Nutt. ex J. McNab and Lacinaria scariosa var. novae-angliae Lunell (Asteraceae)
Abstract:A reassessment of the taxonomy of Liatris borealis Nutt. ex J. McNab suggests that it is not conspecific with L. novae-angliae, but is a synonym of L. scariosa L. var. scariosa. Three varieties are recognized within the L. scariosa complex; the varietal name L. borealis var. novae-angliae, not hitherto validly published, is validly published here.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: May 1, 2003
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites