Myristicineae, a new suborder within Magnoliales
Author: Chatrou, Lars W.
Source: Taxon, Volume 52, Number 2, 1 May 2003 , pp. 277-279(3)
Publisher: International Association for Plant Taxonomy
Abstract:Myristicaceae are sister group to the remaining five families of Magnoliales, which make up the suborder Magnoliineae. Both with regard to morphological and DNA sequence data, Myristicaceae have diverged substantially from Magnoliineae, whereas at the same time monophyly of Magnoliales is conclusive. This relationship between Myristicaceae and Magnoliineae is affirmed by describing the suborder Myristicineae.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: National Herbarium of the Netherlands, Utrecht University branch, Heidelberglaan 2, 3584 CS Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Publication date: 2003-05-01
Impact Factor (2012): 2.78
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites