Cunila leucantha and C. polyantha (Lamiaceae), confused neotropical species
Abstract:It is established that Cunila leucantha Kunth ex Schltdl. & Cham. and C. leucantha Benth. are independent names apparently applying to different species. Lectotypification of C. leucantha Kunth ex Schltdl. & Cham. is effected; application of the name Cunila leucantha Benth. to any known species is uncertain. Cunila leucantha Kunth ex Schltdl. & Cham. has been confused with and treated as C. polyantha Benth., although the two are distinct species and easily distinguished by inflorescence characters. The identity of the collector of the type specimen of C. polyantha is clarified.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Departamento de Botánica, Instituto de Biología, UNAM, Apartado Postal 70-233, 04510 México, D. F.
Publication date: February 1, 2003
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites