Some types and other notable specimens of Hans West (1758–1811) in the Sessé and Mociño Herbarium of the Royal Botanical Expedition to New Spain (1786–1804)
Abstract:Notable in the plant collection of the Sessé and Mociño Herbarium of the Royal Botanical Expedition to New Spain, housed in the Royal Botanical Garden in Madrid, are plants from the Lesser Antilles that Hans West gave to Martín de Sessé as a result of their friendship following a meeting in 1797 in Puerto Rico. Some are type specimens and perhaps only available in this herbarium.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 1, 2003
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites