Three new species of Nepeta (Lamiaceae) from Iran
Abstract:The Iranian species of Nepeta were investigated as part of a phylogenetic study of the genus. The relationships among species revealed the status of some taxa including three new species. The new species are recognized by differences in morphology as well as molecular characters. Nepeta balouchestanica, N. mahanensis, and N. hormozganica are described as new and their relationships with closely related taxa discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: 1: School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Birkbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, U.K. 2: Jodrell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3DS, U.K.
Publication date: February 1, 2003
Impact Factor (2014): 3.3
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites