Parsimony analyses of mtSSU and nITS rDNA sequences reveal the natural relationships of the lichen families Physciaceae and Caliciaceae
Abstract:The phylogenetic relationships of the lichenised families Caliciaceae and Physciaceae (Lecanorales, Ascomycota) are investigated with parsimony analyses of combined mtSSU and nITS rDNA sequences. Physciaceae include two well-supported groups, which correspond to the informally recognised "Buellia -group" and "Physcia-group". The prototunicate, mazaedia-forming representatives of Caliciaceae are derived from within Physciaceae, and fall within the "Buellia-group". Nomenclatural consequences of two different scenarios of changes in the present classification are discussed.
Document Type: Miscellaneous
Publication date: November 1, 2002
More about this publication?
Impact Factor (2015): 2.9
Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) have been released in 2005
Submission of manuscripts: www.editorialmanager.com/taxon
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Regnum Vegetabile and Taxonomic Literature online
- Taxon electronic back issues (1950-2001) hosted by JSTOR
- Free access for IAPT members: please login at
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites