THE REFORM OF ARTICLE 82: COMMENTS ON THE DG-COMPETITION DISCUSSION PAPER ON THE APPLICATION OF ARTICLE 82 TO EXCLUSIONARY ABUSES
Abstract:This paper by the British Institute's Competition Law Forum sets out areas where DG-Competition's Discussion Paper on the Application of Article 82 to Exclusionary Abuses could better ensure that Article 82 is applied and enforced throughout Europe using an effects-based consumer–welfare.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: April 1, 2006
More about this publication?
- This scholarly, peer-reviewed publication of original articles and analysis of current developments in competition law is designed to complement and augment the existing literature with a special focus on European developments. Topics include:
- Vertical and Conglomerate Mergers
- Enlargement of the Union - the ramifications for Competition Policy
- Unilateral and Coordinated Effects in Merger Control
- Modernisation of European Competition law
- Cartels and Leniency
- Article 82- restatement or evolution?