Pesticide Drift: Deposit Efficiency from Ground Sprays on Cotton

$28.00 plus tax (Refund Policy)

Buy Article:

Abstract:

Total spray deposits from high-clearance ground applications of DDT to cotton were measured by: (1) extracting row segments of entire cotton stalks and (2) collecting that spray which fell through the canopy to the soil. In short cotton (29 in. height) 39% of the spray were deposited on the plants and 34% fell to the soil, or a total of 73% deposited on target; in rank cotton (49 in. height) 83% were deposited on plants and 6% on soil, totaling 89% on target. These rates of deposit from ground application are much higher than from the usual aerial applications.

Document Type: Research Article

Publication date: August 1, 1975

More about this publication?
  • Journal of Economic Entomology is published bimonthly in February, April, June, August, October, and December. The journal publishes articles on the economic significance of insects and is divided into the following sections: apiculture & social insects; arthropods in relation to plant disease; forum; insecticide resistance and resistance management; ecotoxicology; biological and microbial control; ecology and behavior; sampling and biostatistics; household and structural insects; medical entomology; molecular entomology; veterinary entomology; forest entomology; horticultural entomology; field and forage crops, and small grains; stored-product; commodity treatment and quarantine entomology; and plant resistance. In addition to research papers, Journal of Economic Entomology publishes Letters to the Editor, interpretive articles in a Forum section, Short Communications, Rapid Communications, and Book Reviews.
  • Editorial Board
  • Submit a Paper
  • Subscribe to this Title
  • Information for Advertisers
  • Visit this journal's homepage
  • ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
Related content

Tools

Favourites

Share Content

Access Key

Free Content
Free content
New Content
New content
Open Access Content
Open access content
Subscribed Content
Subscribed content
Free Trial Content
Free trial content
Cookie Policy
X
Cookie Policy
ingentaconnect website makes use of cookies so as to keep track of data that you have filled in. I am Happy with this Find out more