Characteristics of Healthy and Unhealthy Chinese Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs)

$25.00 plus tax (Refund Policy)

Buy Article:

Abstract:

In this paper, we will present an empirical study of the financial characteristics in the growing Chinese entrepreneurial SMEs, which were listed in the Chinese Stock Markets during 2006–2009. Of these, 20 percent were State-owned enterprises, and the remaining 80 percent were private. The study examined the structures that are embedded in traditional Chinese culture and values, the ownership structure of Chinese SMEs, and the limitations that they experience regarding expansion and growth. Our findings suggest that healthy Chinese SMEs were financially strong, with the majority of them investing in activities in order to strengthen and promote the growth of the business. The findings indicate a certain uniqueness in the financial characteristics of Chinese SMEs.

Document Type: Research Article

DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5848/CSP.3614.00003

Publication date: January 1, 2012

More about this publication?
  • Advances in Business in Asia: The Opportunities, Threats, and Future Trends of Businesses in China, India and the ASEAN Countries
    Advances in Business in Asia examines current trends and issues facing organizations operating in a global business milieu. The book comes at a pivotal time when many businesses are emerging from the 2008 Global Financial Crisis, and are seeking a way forward in dealing with the opportunities and challenges presented by global capitalism in general, and China, India, and the ASEAN region specifically. The book is a compilation of selected papers presented at AFBE conferences. The Asian Forum on Business Education (AFBE) is a not-for-profit organization whose aim is to provide a forum of scholarly exchange in the areas of business, economics and management, with a particular focus on the Asia region.
  • Submit a Paper
  • Purchase hard copy print edition
  • Learn more about CSP @ GSE Research
  • ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
Related content

Tools

Favourites

Share Content

Access Key

Free Content
Free content
New Content
New content
Open Access Content
Open access content
Subscribed Content
Subscribed content
Free Trial Content
Free trial content
Cookie Policy
X
Cookie Policy
ingentaconnect website makes use of cookies so as to keep track of data that you have filled in. I am Happy with this Find out more