Published in association with the European Foundation of Social Quality.
In the recent past, the needs of people have too often been subordinated to the needs of the economy. This journal aims to refocus the political and sociological debate and provide a forum for comparative and interdisciplinary discussion of crucial issues affecting the quality of life in Europe and elsewhere. The remit of the journal is to explore practices and discourses on social quality; to debate perceptions and expectations of social quality in different societies and the ways these are affected by factors such as religion, class, age, gender, and nation; and to evaluate how economic policies or political decisions affect social equality.
This title is now known as the International Journal of Social Quality
European Journal of Social Quality is now published as International Journal of Social Quality.
Publisher: Berghahn Journals
- Volume 6
- Number 2, November 2006 Social Quality and Modern Public Health: Developing a Framework for the 21st Century. Guest Editor: Paul Ward
- Number 1, January 2006 The European Social Model and European Values - Issues of Convergence and Divergence. Guest Editor: David Phillips
- Volume 5
- Numbers 1-2, November 2005 Indicators of Social Quality: Applications in Fourteen European Countries
- Volume 4
- Numbers 1-2, January 2003 Flexibility and Security in Government
- Volume 3
- Numbers 1-2, November 2001 Citizenship and Welfare Protection
- Volume 2
- Number 1, January 2000 Age and Autonomy. Guest Editors: Anne Showstack Sassoon and Wendy Stokes