Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers
Shaping the Future of Learned and Professional Publishing
ALPSP is the international trade association for nonprofit publishers and those who work with them.
ALPSP was formed in 1972 - today it is the only international trade association representing all types of nonprofit publishers, as well as the largest trade association for scholarly and professional publishers. It has 350 members in 36 countries, publishing over 10,000 journals as well as books, databases and other products and services.
ALPSP's mission is to play an active part in shaping the future of academic and professional communication, promoting 'Scholarship-Friendly Publishing'. At this time of unprecedented change in the publishing environment, we believe that nonprofit publishers have a unique role to play. We therefore aim to serve, represent and strengthen the community of nonprofit publishers, and those who work with them.
Like scholarly publishing itself, ALPSP has a strongly international focus. We have local Chapters in North America and Australasia to coordinate events and other activities for members based in those areas; additional local Chapters are planned in future.
Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers journals will be moving to Wiley-Blackwell (www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bp) as of January 1, 2016. Please contact the publisher at email@example.com for information on how to continue access to these titles.
- ALPSP survey of librarians on factors in journal cancellation
- E-Book Platforms and Aggregators: an evaluation of available options for publishers
- facts about Open Access, The
- Learned Publishing
- Volume 10, Number 1, 1 January 1997 - Volume 28, Number 4, October 2015
- Online Submission and Peer Review Systems
- Scholarly Book Publishing Practice: An ALPSP survey of academic book publishers
- Scholarly Book Publishing Practice: An ALPSP survey of academic book publishers' policies and practices. First Survey, 2009 - Scholarly Book Publishing Practice: An ALPSP survey of academic book publishers' policies and practices. First Survey, 2009
- Scholarly Publishing Practice 3: Academic journal publishers' policies and practices in online publishing. Third Survey, 2008
- Scholarly Publishing Practice: Academic journal publishers' policies and practices in online publishing. Second Survey, 2005