Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences
The Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences is the official publication of the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS).
Each issue of the Journal contains the following professional and exclusive features:
- Scholarly peer-reviewed articles
- Practical information geared toward family and consumer sciences professionals
- News and information about AAFCS
In response to member feedback, the Journal now presents more columns and articles on trends and developments in the field, best practices, resources, and opinions. The Journal features knowledge gained from the research and academic arenas and focuses on how this knowledge can be applied by practitioners in the field.
The Journal is published four times a year: Winter (late January), Spring (mid- April), Summer (mid-August), and Fall (mid-November). It is indexed by the Family Index Database, Family and Society Studies World Wide, and the Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC). All AAFCS members receive a subscription to the Journal.
For information about joining AAFCS, which includes a subscription to this journal, visit www.aafcs.org/membership/join.asp and click on Membership. Nonmembers and institutions can subscribe to the Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences through IngentaConnect by selecting the Purchase Subscription link below. Individual issues and articles can also be purchased by browsing to the issue or article pages.
9 issues are available electronically
- Volume 107
- Number 1, May 2015 The Troubled American Family: How FCS Can Help
- Volume 106
- Number 4, Fall 2014 The Many Dimensions of Accountability
- Number 3, Summer 2014
- Number 2, Spring 2014
- Number 1, Winter 2014 Integral Thinking: A Vision for FCS
- Volume 105
- Number 4, Fall 2013 100 Years of Cooperative Extension and FCS Outreach
- Number 3, Summer 2013
- Number 2, Spring 2013
- Number 1, Winter 2013