Ingenta Connect Home
From the homepage of Ingenta Connect you can search for articles or browse to a particular journal, book or publication. You can also access a variety of tools and information from the menu options, including sign in and advanced search.
Click here for help with menu options, downloading PDFs, or problems with viewing pages.
For help with other aspects of Ingenta Connect, please select the page help button on the relevant page of the website.
There are two standard search options. Selecting
- Electronic content will search the article titles, keywords and abstracts of all articles that are available electronically.
- Journal or Book title will search the titles of the publications only, not the articles within the publications.
If your institution has upgraded to our Ingenta Connect Complete service, you will see a fourth option:
- Subscribed content will restrict your search to content to which your institution subscribes (and to which, therefore, you have toll-free access).
The Search box supports the Boolean operators AND, OR, NOT, with AND being the implied action if no operators are used.
- The search phrase badger population will return all articles that contain the word badger and also the word population
- If you enter badger or population you will get all articles that contain either word, or both. You could get results as diverse as tuberculosis in badgers and population of Nepal.
- Using NOT will limit your search to articles containing the first word but not the second. For example badger not tuberculosis will return articles containing the word badger but will exclude any articles that also contain the word tuberculosis.
- Use parentheses (brackets) to group search terms. shark and (white or blue) will bring back articles containing the word shark plus the word white, and/or shark plus blue.
- Use quotation marks to search for exact phrases. "third wave" might give you results from various academic disciplines. Apply Boolean operators with two or more phrases to restrict the search e.g. "third wave" and "feminist theory".
- Use asterisks to create wildcard searches. So psychol* will return results containing psychology, psychological, and psychologically.
For more search options use Advanced Search, following the link in the right hand side of the top menu bar.
Use Browse to look at the journals and books on the site grouped alphabetically, by publisher or by subject.
Ingenta Connect provides a list of Frequently Answered Questions